Time: 30 mins
- 1/4 Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 Carrot (chopped)
- 3/4 Stalk Celery (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups Broccoli (chopped, incl. stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Green Lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach (packed)
- Sauté the onion until soft and aromatic. Throw the carrot, celery, and broccoli into the pot. Pour in water and add the dried basil and sea salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a blender, create your cashew cream by blending 1 cup of cashews with 1 cup water. (If you alter the serving size, keep the cashew to water ratio 1:1.)
- Pour the cashew cream in with your veggies and stir. Now add your green lentils and stir again.
- Place spinach in the bottom of the blender. Then carefully transfer soup to the blender and blitz to a puree. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with coconut oil and seeds. Enjoy!
No kale: Use spinach instead.
No Red Bell Pepper: Use a bell pepper of another colour instead.
Leftovers: Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.