Pumpkin or squash soup can be bland, so here are some tips to bring your boring old soup to life!Experiment with intense flavours like ginger and other warming spices.Use chicken broth to add depth to the flavour and boost protein and gut-loving nutrients. Chuck in a Granny Smith or half a Bramley apple to give it some extra zing and sourness.
Time: 45 mins
- 1 kg Pumpkin or Squash, roughly chopped
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 50g Ginger, grated
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil1 litre Stock
- 125 ml Coconut milk (extra to serve)
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes (add more if needed)
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of green herbs, chopped
- Handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 lime
- Sauté onion, pumpkin, and ginger in oil until soft.
- Add stock, milk, chillies, and seasoning, then simmer on shallow heat for 35-40 mins.
- Blend, then serve with herbs, coconut milk, a wedge of lime and extra chillies.