My website is www.charlottehunternutrition.co.uk
This policy (together with my terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
By registering as a user of the services provided by Charlotte Hunter Nutrition or by using the website generally, you agree to these terms.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
General questions, comments and requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW I COLLECT AND USE (PROCESS) YOUR DATA
I may collect and process the following data about you:
From information that you provide by filling in forms on my site www.charlottehunternutrition.co.uk (my site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use my site, subscribing to my service, posting material or requesting further services. I may also ask you for information when you report a problem with my site.
If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
I may also ask you to complete surveys that I use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
From details of transactions you carry out through my site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
From details of your visits to my site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for my own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
My legal basis for processing your data will be one of the following: performance or fulfilment of a contract, legitimate interest where an assessment has been carried out or your consent where necessary but this will be made clear at the point of data collection. I will only process your data in the following manner:
- Lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- Only for the purpose stated at the time of collection;
- Only personal data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the stated purpose will be collected;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any personal data you provide is accurate at the time of collection and if there are changes to the personal data, and I will take every reasonable action to ensure the data remains accurate;
- Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the stated purpose except for statistical reasons in which case appropriate technical and organisational measures will be implemented to safeguard your data;
- I will process your data in a manner that ensures security using appropriate technical or organisational measures
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to my advertisers. This is statistical data about my users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
I MAY USE INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
- I may also use your data, or permit selected third-parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and I or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, I may contact you by various means with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where I permit selected third parties to use your data, I (or they) may contact you by various means if you have consented to this.
- I may share your data with third-parties for marketing purposes. If you do not want me to, please contact email@example.com if this is your preference.
USE OF CHARLOTTE HUNTER NUTRITION WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
If you follow a link from my website, application or service to another site or service, this statement will no longer apply. I am not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and I encourage you to read the privacy statements appearing on those sites or services.
My websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide me with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third-party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable me to access from that account.
WHEN AND HOW I SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Charlotte Hunter Nutrition or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply my terms of website use or supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Charlotte Hunter Nutrition, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA
The data that I collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for me or for one of my suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. I will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement. Such measures may include (without limitation) transferring the Personal Data to a recipient in a country that the European Commission has decided provides adequate protection for personal data, to a recipient that has achieved binding corporate rules authorisation in accordance with data protection legislation, or to a recipient that has executed standard contractual clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR RIGHTS (DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS)
Under GDPR, you have the following rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information I hold about you:
- The Right of Access to obtain from the controller confirmation as to if personal data concerning you is being processed.
- The Right to Rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- The Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the right to be forgotten) of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
- The Right to Restrict Processing under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability where you can receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to have those data transmitted to another controller.
- The Right to Object to processing of your data at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- The Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making including Profiling.
- The Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (SA) which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- You will not be charged for data subject access requests (except where the request might be excessive or unreasonable) and you will receive a response to any data subject request within one month (30 days).
You can also exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be stored electronically on password protected devices. Information may also be stored in paper form such as with progress notes, which are held securely in locked storage.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
I need to store your information long enough to adhere to the requirements of HMRC, professional bodies and insurers which may be up to 10 years. If you provide data during an enquiry as a prospective client but decide not to undertake psychotherapy your data will be deleted or securely destroyed within a month.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes I may make to my privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
Date of last update: 06/04/2020